In the Pivotal offices we have noticed a surge in the number of schools asking for Behaviour Training for their Midday Supervisors. The need for skilling up lunchtime staff widespread issue. Pivotal can help.
It is not surprising that schools find that there are increasing numbers of behaviour issues during the lunchbreaks. Midday Supervisors are often not involved in the same behaviour training as the rest of the staff, due to the hours they are on site, if nothing else. There are often more issues at lunchtime anyway, when students are moving around the site and not involved in structured learning.
Our trainers provide behaviour training for Midday Supervisors. We will:
- Tailor training to suit this group and make it relevant to their role
- Give staff the skills they need to manage behaviour in the canteen and the playground
- Work to your behaviour policy and systems, so the approach to behaviour is consistent across all the staff who work in your school
- Help staff to develop their assertiveness and steer them away from aggressive responses or passive behaviour
- Ensure staff come to agreements about how to handle different incidents and when to refer and call on support.
We will tailor training to suit your objectives, your staff, your school and your timings.
We regularly work with clusters of schools. Training for midday supervisors can lend itself to joining forces with other schools to pool resources and enable you to book good quality training.
NB: Pivotal trainers also work with schools who would like to train up older students to do playground and lunchtime duties around the school.
Please Contact Us to make an enquiry about booking training.
If you have questions about this or any of our other training and support services, please do get in touch.
Training Director, Pivotal Education