Working with the Angry Child
Pivotal provide cutting edge training tailored to your institution. Our trainers come to you. Sample agendas are available on request. We don't 'train and run', we build sustainable practice that works for the long term. All our training can be booked with coaching & mentoring.
Human emotions are vital to our survival but they can also harm us. Learning to cope with our emotions is not straightforward. Anger is one of the basic emotions, and alongside happiness, sadness and fear it has played a huge role in our evolution. In schools we see its effects every day. This one day course will help you become more aware of anger as an emotion, how to deal with it within the school environment and help individuals manage their anger more appropriately.
Our Working with the Angry Child Training may include:
- An overview of anger in society and in particular educational settings. Are we getting angrier?
- The physiology of anger– how to spot the approach of anger in individuals and help them recognise early signs within themselves.
- Theories on anger. The relationship between anger and aggression.
- What makes a child angry? The anger cycle. Identification of triggers, escalation, crisis, recovery, post crisis depression and strategies to use in each part of the anger cycle with young people.
- Anger management strategies and approaches to working with problem anger.
- Dealing with criticism-techniques to move learning forward.
- Assertive techniques. Using language and non verbal behaviours to be less threatening.
- Whole school strategies both at primary and secondary level.
The best day's training I have attended since joining my employer. Barry is inspirational, informed, fun and fantastic! Pacing, organisation, preparation and opportunity to ask questions could not have been bettered. It has made want to know more.
Stewart Dunkley, Training Advisor, YMCA Training
All our training agendas are tailored to your needs and desired outcomes.
Please contact us to discuss how we can tailor this training for your setting.